What you'll need:
* Spools of Tulle - preferably in multiple colors ;)
* Strip of 1 and 1/2 inch white elastic
*Good music and a smile
What to Do:
* Burn the edges of the elastic so they won't fray and sew the two edges together. You can let the overlap about 1/2 inch. Of course, for larger ballerinas, make the elastic larger and for smaller ones you can make it smaller!
* Cut about 50 strips of tulle in alternating colors. The strips should be about a foot in length, although you will be folding in half making the length of the tutu roughly 3 and 1/2 inches from the center. If you want a longer tutu, just make the strips longer and visa versa for a shorter tutu.
* Tie one strip in a knot along the outside of the elastic, pulling so the ends are as even as possible (they don't need to be perfectly even, a bit of variety actually gives the tutu more depth.)
* Continue tying tulle all around the perimeter of the elastic. Remember to alternate colors!
Here is another one I made using some different colors. Looks like Neapolitan ice cream!